Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

TulsaMJ

GoGear

Post by TulsaMJ »

I have a Philips GoGear 9200, and it synchs quite well. I have posted in a separate topic about a few glitches I've run across.
ryann

Virgin VM-500 working

Post by ryann »

Not sure how I did it, but my VM-0500 works fine. Try removing all media files with WMP10 than adding them back with MediaMonkey.

Firmware 00.99 10/15/2004
bootloader 0.35
Paul23

It does!

Post by Paul23 »

letsgoaz wrote:does the SanDisk Sansa® e200 Series MP3 Players organize music into different folders like Artist>Album>Song? And does the SanDisk Sansa® e200 Series MP3 Players display album art?
Yes to both.

Music can be put into the Sansa in nested folders (I've tried up to 4 deep). When the unit is disconnected from the computer it will shut down, then restart briefly to scan through all the folder-tree and index all the artists/titles/etc from the ID3 tags to rebuild its internal database.

Album art will be displayed if it is embedded within the MP3 file itself, and also if an image named 'folder.jpg' is in the same folder as the MP3 file(s).
DryBones

Post by DryBones »

Hi all,

I have an iRiver ifp-390, but it is not being detected by the monkey.
Jorge

ibit Plasma 1.8 works fine

Post by Jorge »

A supplier gave me a 4GB iBit Plasma 1.8 (http://www.ibitplasma.com/)as a promo gift. Media Monkey 2.55 recognized it as soon as I plugged it to a USB port. It's a nice iPod Nano substitute --smaller too- and they seem to be quite cheap.

Post by Guest »

I was able to get my Archos PMA430 to sync, but had to re-arrange the files a little on the PMA. Just wish MM was able to auto-detect mine.
SkyFire2001

Post by SkyFire2001 »

Sorry...I didn't login first, but I was able to get my Archos PMA430 to sync, but had to re-arrange the files a little on the PMA. Just wish MM was able to auto-detect mine. :o
thegeezer4

Post by thegeezer4 »

the iaudio7 syncs fine BUT you need to change the usb connection setting on the player from UMS to MTP otherwise it will sync really really really slow. You do this via the players settings menu Settings->General->last option at the bottom. I

As for what the difference between UMS and MTP is i have no idea but MTP is something "special" and involves PlayForSure technology!
id

LG Chocolate VX8550

Post by id »

MM works with the new (2007) VX8550. You do need to install the V-Cast Music Software first, though.
RonSD

Re: It does! [Sansa]

Post by RonSD »

Music can be put into the Sansa in nested folders (I've tried up to 4 deep). When the unit is disconnected from the computer it will shut down, then restart briefly to scan through all the folder-tree and index all the artists/titles/etc from the ID3 tags to rebuild its internal database.
When you're browsing on the player, does it work down through your folder hierarchy, or does it just display everything in a big list?

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I've never actually used an MP3 player and I'm still trying to understand how they work.
deftdrummer

Post by deftdrummer »

where is the iphone support? This is BS it says for version 2.5.5.998 that "itunes phones" are supported. Why would the iphone not fall under this ???
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
cgm707

Zen Vision W

Post by cgm707 »

You mentioned the Zen Vision M, would MediaMonkey also work OK with Zen Vision W?

Thanks

Chip
NoBS

Insignia NS-DvxG

Post by NoBS »

necrodeth wrote:does MM work with insignia players?
and seven months later :roll: ...
Yes and no.
Internal memory on NON DRM files work great on audio files only.
External (mircoSD) is a no-go under MTP, so WM11 is the best "free" option if you need playlist support.
Since m3u under MSU are inop with latest firmware and MM will see the external as a HDD, but their implementation of MTP is broken.

Of course, MTP is a band aide fix for a complicated problem.

I'm a proud Gold Monkey lifer and still recommend MM, but so far only J.River MC11 is the only audio/video option.

MM has a much tighter DB so your player will load faster under 2.xx, but at twice the cost of MM pro you get a complete media player with MC11
So far MM 3beta is a no go...

To the mods, this is NOT spam, but a request for help.
So far MM competition has a working fix, sure hope you folks address this issue on your new version.
NoBS<underscore>Here<at>hotmail<dot>com

Zune

Post by Guest »

Has anyone used their Zune with this program?