Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

AndySocial

Sansa e200 Series

Post by AndySocial »

In MTP mode (with the latest firmware) the Sansa e200 works perfectly. It syncs playlists, it does the auto-sync, you can send songs or albums to it. The one gotcha I've noticed is that, after synching a new playlist, you have to power-cycle the Sansa before the playlist shows up in the options.

MSC mode doesn't do playlists, since apparently MediaMonkey doesn't output the PLA format that Sansa loves, and Sansa doesn't grok M3U. There's a program to convert M3U to PLA, but if MTP mode does all the heavy lifting for you, sometimes you just gotta give in.
howardballinger

Post by howardballinger »

Agree, my Sandisk Sansa e260 seems to work fine. I guess it converts the playlist in its MTP mode. It seems to reboot itself after a download, which is fine.

One thing I notice is that the player continues to display the message "Writing" even long after it's done with the data transfer. I just unplug it anyway, it reboots and it's ready to go.

-- HB
howardballinger

Sansa e200 series -- questionable

I'm not so sure now that the e200 player does synch correctly with MediaMonkey. I did it again and all my playlists vanished. I'll let you know what more I can find out.
AndySocial

e200

Post by AndySocial »

What firmware version do you have? The latest seems to be MUCH improved over previous iterations. I had some seriously strange behavior with 1.0.12a - it would transfer only part of my playlists over, and it was unpredictable which songs would get transferred.

The latest firmware is 1.01.11a, I believe.
howardballinger

Sansa e200 series: need to update firmware, can't see how 2

Look like I need to load the new firmware version -- but I can't find anything on Sandisk's site about doing so.

Can you point me please in the right direction ??

Thanks -- HB
AndySocial

e200 Firmware

Post by AndySocial »

Here's the updater
Your Sansa has to be in MSC mode for the updater to work. Good luck.

Pioneer Inno

Post by Guest »

Thought my first post would be to confirm that Pioneer's Inno seems to play nice with MM. Turned off by the lack of functionality with the included XM+Napster software I've been exploring other software options and MM is growing on me.

Auto Sync, playlists and so on all seem to be working as expected. I'm not experiencing any less functionality then I have with the XM+Napster software.

Re: Sansa e200 Series

Post by Guest »

AndySocial wrote:In MTP mode (with the latest firmware) the Sansa e200 works perfectly. It syncs playlists, it does the auto-sync, you can send songs or albums to it. The one gotcha I've noticed is that, after synching a new playlist, you have to power-cycle the Sansa before the playlist shows up in the options.

MSC mode doesn't do playlists, since apparently MediaMonkey doesn't output the PLA format that Sansa loves, and Sansa doesn't grok M3U. There's a program to convert M3U to PLA, but if MTP mode does all the heavy lifting for you, sometimes you just gotta give in.
AndySocial

e200

Post by AndySocial »

The latest Sansa e200 firmware is 1.02.07a, and it fixes the "power cycle to see new playlist" bug from 1.01.11a, among other things.
howardballinger

Sansa e200 series -- now it works fine!

I downloaded & installed the latest Sansa firmware (using the COOL automatic updater they have available on their site) and now MediaMonkey and my Sansa are playing nicely together!

Howard B.
brownie

RCA LYRA Model: RD1072

Post by brownie »

Does anyone know if this model will sync.? I cannot sem to beable to transfer anything to it from Media Monkey.
tom3456

Post by tom3456 »

Also supported: Maxian MP-2220 (also known as Mobiblu DVH-100 or Rollei ea2020g) for files transfer, editing etc. not supported is the playlist-function, because the device uses its own, strange playlist-format.

Re: Zen Micro photo

Post by Guest »

Grumps wrote:Does MM support the Creative Zen Micro Photo? Have seen other requests elsewhere within this forum but no reply listed. I was about to go for Gold but.... :-?
The newest version of MediaMonkey 2.5.4.978 synchronizes with Zen Microphoto even in Windows 2000 (with Creative's own MTP driver) Thanks MM!! ;)
maya19747

Samsung YP-Z5

Post by maya19747 »

Downloaded MediaMonkey basic. Superbe!!! I own a Samsung 2Gb YP-Z5 mp3 player!!! Just thought to tell users that this Samsung works perfectly with MediaMonkey... The transfer rate is great, the sound quality is even better than WMP11 or Rhapsody even when not encoded or optimized (i.e. 128Kb/sec) vs. 192Kb/sec. The sound quality must be attributed to the renderers of the player (MediaMonkey). So anyone who keeps tabs on these posts. It works well with the Samsung YP-Z5
skst

Post by skst »

The first post should probably be modified to specify iPod Shuffle First generation and Second generation.

Which brings up the question: Has anyone tried MM with the 2dGen Shuffle?

Edit: Oops. Looks like someone has and it doesn't.

Edit: I bought one for my son, and it seems to work fine.
Last edited by skst on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.