Dummy files on iPod Touch 5G

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kudos

Dummy files on iPod Touch 5G

Post by kudos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

I sync both regular (static) playlists and autoplaylists (with random selections) to my iPod Touch.
In the device options screen, I essentially have all four items checked (delete all items not being synced / confirm / update to PC / confirm).

When I sync, everything seems to copy over when watching the sync process on MM. But when I try to access an autoplaylist, the playlist on my iPod Touch seems to list the same old songs which are no longer on the device. Consequently, it keeps skipping to the next song until it finds a song that happens to still be on the device.

Does anybody have any idea as to why the playlists are not being refreshed or copied over properly?

MM 4.0.7.1511
iPod Touch 5G OS 6.1

UPDATE 2013-02-20: Just to add a symptom, I tried deleting my playlists manually on the iPod Touch. Now none of the playlists transfer over from MM to the iPod Touch. Only songs seem to transfer over. Seems to be an issue with MM's support for the iPod Touch 5G.

nohitter151

Re: Dummy files on iPod Touch 5G

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

Have you actually checked playlists to sync in the auto-sync list tab?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

kudos

Re: Dummy files on iPod Touch 5G

Post by kudos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes, of course. Approximately 8.