Q1: sync to an SD card for transfer to tablet

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Forrykook

Q1: sync to an SD card for transfer to tablet

Post by Forrykook »

I am familiar with the autosync function and use it to sync a selection of my library to my 16GB Sony Walkman, (my library is 150GB, 17500 songs all in MP3 at 320 bitrate, on my laptop HDD also backed up to 2 other computers using Goodsync). In my autosync for the Sony Walkman I have a rule to convert files to 192kbps as that still sounds good on the jobsite music player and alloes much more on the walkman than at 320.

I now have a 32GB Asus Eee pad Transformer tablet and would like to sync some music to it. I figured that by putting an SD card into my laptop SD card slot that it would show up in the list of available devices to sync with, but no it didn't. What I want to do is also convert to 192kbps for better use of the space. So at present I am selecting artists and albums and using the convert to new location thingy. But this is quite tedious going slowly through the list, selecting particular artists then selecting their albums and then going to Tools/convert etc.

Is there a way to make an SD card show up as a device for autosync? Or perhaps the Eee Pad Transformer directly?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Forrykook

Re: Q1: sync to an SD card for transfer to tablet

Post by Forrykook »

Ok, disregard this question. I've solved it. I discovered that the charging cord on the Eee pad Transformer can also be used as a data transfer so connected it direct to laptop and it showed up as a device.