Auto Sync says 'not enough space'

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

NocturnalOne

Auto Sync says 'not enough space'

Post by NocturnalOne »

Hi,

I've been synchronizing my Nokia 5800 with MM for over a year now. It had been a while so I wanted to sync again just now before going on a trip. When first connected it says there is about 1.5GB available and I select auto-sync. I expect minimal interactions with the device as I haven't updated my library in some time. After munching on the 5800 for a while it tells me it first needs to remove all my data before it can copy. That seems to negate the whole concept of syncing. I did not want to get stuck so I told it 'ok'. I then synced again. Now I have 1.7GB available. I guarantee you that my playlists are virtually identical. I then added another album and re-syncd. This time luckily only the required files were copied.

How do I make sure that next month when I sync again it doesn't force me to erase everything before syncing? It probably removed a few podcasts I had downloaded on the phone and there really was no reason for that.

Thanks,

Sander

PS I just upgraded to 4.03 from a 4.0 beta. I'm a life time member.
NocturnalOne

Re: Auto Sync says 'not enough space'

Post by NocturnalOne »

Oh, I ran the wmlog tool which ran for quite a while but did not save a log file in c:
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

PS I just upgraded to 4.03 from a 4.0 beta. I'm a life time member.
From my experience this is the culprit and you shouldn't have any more problems, Was this your first sync with MM4? I had to erase all of my devices and start over once I upgraded to MM4 (iPhone, iPod Classic, and two Sansa Clips). Once I erased and resynced all has been well with all my devices.

Seems as though MM4 couldn't "read" what was on each device and therefore didn't know what to sync.
NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I had previously sync'd with the 4.0 beta. I'll keep an eye on it for the next time I sync.