Sync desktop and laptop?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lorie

Sync desktop and laptop?

Post by lorie »

Is it possible to sync MM between the desktop and laptop? I have 3rd party sync software that quickly shows me any files added or changed in either db, but if I use that software, the files are transferred but lose any database info (like LastPlayed, PlayCount). The changed songs would be essentially the same file; the changes would be newly found cover art or adding lyrics or a composer, etc.
BKKKPewsey

Re: Sync desktop and laptop?

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
Fellwalker2000

Re: Sync desktop and laptop?

Post by Fellwalker2000 »

That is fine for network locations but I am looking for a solution where I am out on the road with my laptop. I only ever want to use one computer at once, so have my music in the same tree on both machines (though on one it is E and the other in C). Can I use something like Dropbox or Windows Live Mesh (which I use for other important files) to synchronise a common location where I can store the ini file. Currently I synchronise the music folders using Goodsync Pro. If I did this I would need the same directory structure so should I map the Music folders as drives of the same letter on each computer and do it that way?
Has anyone any experience of this?