sub-playlists sync.?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

fugusushi

sub-playlists sync.?

Post by fugusushi »

so, if i've got the same tracks in more than one playlist, i know i need to make one of those playlists a sub-playlist of the other and sync. them both so i actually get the tracks showing up in both playlists as desired...

however, once i've sync. both playlists, if i make a change to one of them - add a couple of tracks say - do i still need to sync. both playlists when all i want to do is update the one?

hope this is clear and someone can help me out...
nohitter151

Re: sub-playlists sync.?

Post by nohitter151 »

fugusushi wrote:so, if i've got the same tracks in more than one playlist, i know i need to make one of those playlists a sub-playlist of the other and sync. them both so i actually get the tracks showing up in both playlists as desired...
You don't have to make playlists subs of one another to avoid duplicates.
however, once i've sync. both playlists, if i make a change to one of them - add a couple of tracks say - do i still need to sync. both playlists when all i want to do is update the one?

hope this is clear and someone can help me out...
Don't sync the playlists, just click the sync button (tools > Sync device > Sync) and make sure 'auto-sync' is checked in that menu.

In the same place ( Tools > sync device ) you can click configure at the bottom to choose which playlists you want to keep in sync with your player.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
fugusushi

Re: sub-playlists sync.?

Post by fugusushi »

nohitter151 wrote:
fugusushi wrote:so, if i've got the same tracks in more than one playlist, i know i need to make one of those playlists a sub-playlist of the other and sync. them both so i actually get the tracks showing up in both playlists as desired...
You don't have to make playlists subs of one another to avoid duplicates.
the point is i 'want' the duplicates! and i do have sync. set to 'auto-sync'...

here's the deal; i've got one playlist with two sub-playlists - total around 400 tracks. i added only 2 tracks to one playlist and sync. (auto-sync.) as normal and MM insists on deleting all 400 tracks and rewriting them all! it doesn't do this everytime, but when it does i'm looking at 3-4hours for the sync. to finish!

if MM is gonna rewrite everything, i'd rather it did it from just the one effected playlist. but i'm not clear whether in doing so i'm gonna loose the tracks that overlap more than one playlist - that's my question...