iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

JoeyJoJo

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware isn't compatible with MM

Post by JoeyJoJo »

Yes, that would be FANTASTIC if it were only possible. I'm sorry to say this, but you don't know much about how the ipod actually works.

Post by Guest »

No, I don't. I've just seen that many other people have said this in this thread, and I think it sounds good :)

I just want my iPhone 2.0 to work with Mediamonkey!
wdpaynter

Post by wdpaynter »

Although it is not very convenient, sync through drag and drop w/ Mediamonkey & iTunes is not that bad as a temporary solution. I only store those songs that are on my iPhone in iTunes. Drag & drop does not move them just adds them to iTunes Library. One thing I find handy is to drag them to iTunes Library rather than directly to iPhone Music folder. That way they will be there for future syncs. I do look forward to full compatibility, but a couple months of doing it this way won't kill me.

Mediamonkey still kicks iTunes butt!!
Bill P
Systems on my LAN:
Office - HP Desktop - Windows 7 - 2GB RAM - 3.5TB HDD (Music) - 10.5TB HDD (Movies)
Living Room - HP Slimline AMD Phenom 9100e Quad Core 1.8GHz Processor - Windows Vista 64bit SP2 - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD
Master Bedroom - HP Slimline AMD Athlon 64 X2 (B) 5000+ 2.6 GHz Processor - Windows 7 32bit - 2GB RAM - 500GB HDD
Garage - HP Desktop - Windows XP Pro SP3 - 512MB RAM - 500GB HDD
Laptop - HP AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 1.6 GHz Processor - Windows XP Pro SP3 - 896MB RAM - 65GB HDD
Netbook - Asus EEE Pc - Windows 7 32bit - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD
Halo3056

Post by Halo3056 »

Does iPod Touch Update 2.0.1 work with MM.

Please tell me it does or that MonkeyMedia will soon have an update.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Halo3056 wrote:Does iPod Touch Update 2.0.1 work with MM.

Please tell me it does or that MonkeyMedia will soon have an update.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
digitaldj

Post by digitaldj »

Like many others, only discovered this forum AFTER I'd turned my iTouch V2.0 into a brick using MM. I've put the iTouch into recovery mode (NOT DFU mode) and downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware but still cannot use iTunes 7.5 to restore the firmware (The ipod "Ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1). Does anyone have any ideas how to help...or even how to get the iTouch out of recovery mode (on a PC).

Thanks

DDJ
JoeyJoJo

Post by JoeyJoJo »

I would expect you could get lots of help from the forums at http://hackint0sh.org
muzika

Post by muzika »

so I corrupted my iphone by using mediamonkey... now I tried twice to restore to factory default but it just tells me that it's still corrupt..

help please :/ I need my phone tomorrow
Sgrynd

Post by Sgrynd »

To do a forced reload/restore follow the below, this will wipe out anything you have on your iPod.

You will need to download the older firmware if you want to use MM (google ipod firmware if you need it) or you can use the 2.0 firmware and stick with Itunes.

1. Go to your iPod/iPhone screen in iTunes
2. Hold down shift key
3. Spin 2 full rotations in your seat counter clockwise (counter clockwise is very important! If you go clockwise it won't work and may reformat your computer, make sure you keep the shift key pressed during the rotations.)
4. After the 2nd rotation click restore, you can now release the shift key
5. Select your firmware file
6. Hit ok

:evil:
AltairJr

Post by AltairJr »

Sgrynd wrote:To do a forced reload/restore follow the below, this will wipe out anything you have on your iPod.

You will need to download the older firmware if you want to use MM (google ipod firmware if you need it) or you can use the 2.0 firmware and stick with Itunes.

1. Go to your iPod/iPhone screen in iTunes
2. Hold down shift key
3. Spin 2 full rotations in your seat counter clockwise (counter clockwise is very important! If you go clockwise it won't work and may reformat your computer, make sure you keep the shift key pressed during the rotations.)
4. After the 2nd rotation click restore, you can now release the shift key
5. Select your firmware file
6. Hit ok

:evil:
You sure it was just 2 rotations?
Cuz it didn't work for me until I added a 3rd rotation while sitting on my head in there 8)
Sgrynd

Post by Sgrynd »

You might be right, I must have lost count :lol:

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch cannot sync with MM

Post by Guest »

when put on the sync botton and window jump saying file not available, then on configuration I configure all the music that I want and always appears that window, what should I do ?
madangel

Post by madangel »

Go to http://www.copytrans.net, install CopyTrans Manager, connect your bricked iPhone 2.x, click Settings Tab, and "Restore..." button. This will show previously backed up databases. If you are luky, you will see at least one. Double click on it to restore it. (your current library will be backed before restore). Check if your iPhone and iTunes now reads the library.

CopyTrans Manager does not yet support 2.x firmware, but at least does not brick it. It also keeps 10 backups for unexpected problems.

Good luck guys.
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

I'm having a different problem with MM & iPhone 3G than what I've seen described here. I've been using MM for 'bout 2 years now, LOVE it, and with my iPod I now use only MM and totally avoid iTunes completely (expect for occasional FW updates).

This week I just got a new iPhone 3G, and I very carefully did not run MM at all with the iPhone connected to the PC. I checked this forum, found this thread, realized that I'll have to wait a while for MM to support my iPhone, and after silently cursing Apple for their protectionist policies, I very carefully run only iTunes and NOT MM when the iPhone is connected to my PC. I transfered some music to my iPhone by using MM (with iPhone not connected) to create a M3u file, which I later imported to iTunes. That was the last time I had MM running successfully :(

Now, when I try to start MM, I get the splash screen, then the MM icon appears in my system notification try, but MM does not run, at all. There is no iPod or iPhone connected to the PC. When I try to click on the icon in the notification tray, it disappears before I can click on it. I've tried this about a dozen times, with multiple reboots, with no luck. I installed the latest MM version, and tried the trick of renaming the d_iphone.dll file, but I still get the same result - splash screen, then notification tray icon that disappears. So now I am unable to run MM. I don't know for a fact that the iPhone or iTunes caused this, but the last time I successfuly ran MM was to create the M3U file that I imported in iTunes.

Any suggestions for how to get MM working again?
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

I am confused....I havent read the many pages, but I understand that MM is not YET compatible with iPhone 3G 2.x.
Does this mean that MM WAS compatible with the older version and you did NOT need to jailbreak your iPhone in order for it to be recognized in MM?