Sync track ratings on e280?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Strych9

Sync track ratings on e280?

Post by Strych9 »

If I rate a track in MM, will that rating transfer over to my Sansa e280R?

I've tried in both modes to transfer "starred" songs from MM to the device, but the stars don't light up for those songs on the player itself. The tag info must be there because the tracks I rate show up in my "highest rated" section on the device.. but the stars don't show up.

If I could get the stars to work right, and then get the device to sync the stars I assign on the device back to the PC, I'd be golden.. unfortunately the option to "sync from device back to PC" is all grey'd out for me...

Any thoughts? Is this possible?

Strych9
Rock On!

Post by Guest »

I would love for this to be possible but sadly I don't think it is. I use MTP mode and the album art and playlists transfers great for me, but so far not the ratings :oops:
Strych9

Post by Strych9 »

I agree... everything seems to work great in Sync in MTP mode... just not ratings.

MM Support seems to think it's possible but I haven't read of anyone getting it to work in MM... some seem to have gotten ratings to sync in WMP.. but I don't reallylike WMP.

MM Supports stated that rating and play history will sync back from the Sansa e200 series to the PC even when the "sync back to pc" option is disabled or unchecked....

I doubt they've tried it cuz it doesn't work.

Strych9
Rock On!
onkel_enno

Re: Sync track ratings on e280?

Post by onkel_enno »

Strych9 wrote:... and then get the device to sync the stars I assign on the device back to the PC, I'd be golden..
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 7455#87455

8)
Strych9

For sure!

Post by Strych9 »

I'd be interested... :)
Rock On!