[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

vphreeze wrote:i could see future applications where having a checkbox or way to toggle the play count "reset after synch" on or off
It's already there :wink:

Thx for your feedback
prakimus

Post by prakimus »

first off, thanks for the tool, very nice and it's made my transition from ipod to esansa all the more friendly.

but one question/problem, how do i import the playcount from the esansa?
i follow the steps, open media monkey, set my sansa to msc, plug it in, open up sansamonkey. however, no files show up and i can't make it do anything (primarily, transfer my playcount as i use this to make my playlists).

do i have to bring my files onto the sansa in msc (i currently use mtp) in order to use it and are there any restrictions in using msc vs. mtp with media monkey?

thanks.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

importing the playcounter only works if you have rockbox installed on your sansa!

It's better to use MTP mode while tranferring files from MediaMonkey, but as long as I'm not able to read the Sansa in MTP mode the way I need it, you have to switch to MSC Mode to import Ratings, ...
onesong

Sansa e250?

Post by onesong »

Hi Onkel_Enno!

Very, very well done...I am relatively new to rockbox and searched the last week on the internet for a tool to synchronize Playcounts and Ratings back to MediaMonkey.

But I think your tool is the 1st of its kind and I wanted to thank you for your work and effort with providing us with your tool! :P

I have one question to you:
Is it right that your tool does not work with the Sansa e250 (I have tested it and it did not work: scrambled entrys) or did I do something wrong within Rockbox?
Are there differences within the Rockbox-Port for the e250 and 280 or has it to do with the Sansa Firmware (which on my 250 is the same as you tested it on your 280).

Last question: Will you make it compatible with the 250?

Thanks for reading! :wink:
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Hi

I havent tested it yet.
Could you please send me the SYSTEM\DATA Folder to my email-address?
onesong

Post by onesong »

Sure, what´s your email? :oops:
Griffccif

Can't get SM to notice Sansa e270

Post by Griffccif »

I hope someone can help me with this, I just got my Sansa e270 a couple of days ago. I've tried to get SansaMonkey to work but have only been successful once and I have no idea why that worked then. I go thru the steps
1. start MM
2. put Sansa in MSC mode
3. plug the Sansa in USB
4. start SansaMonkey
There is nothing in the Sansa Drive box. I've tried typing in Sansa E270 (G) but it still won't read it. I have tried MTP mode and MSC mode. I can get the Sansa E270 to show up in MM in the explorer tree on the left but I only got SansaMonkey to work once. Has anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong?
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Isn't there Drive G shown in the ComboBox in SansaMonkey?
Does it show in Windows Explorer?

If it doesn't show, I can change something inside the Program to show every drive letter.
BryanKitts

Re: Can't get SM to notice Sansa e270

Post by BryanKitts »

Griffccif wrote:There is nothing in the Sansa Drive box. I've tried typing in Sansa E270 (G)
Do you have drives D, E, and F in My Computer, or is there a gap (e.g. an external hard that isn't turned on)? I have similar symptoms (my Sansa is 'S:').

If this is the problem, you need to remove the gap by either switching on the 'missing' drives, or permanently changing the drive the Sansa uses to be the first 'free' drive (e.g. using Windows' Disk Manager, although there might be an easier way) or temporarily mapping the Sansa drive to the first unused drive using the 'subst' command. e.g. if you have a C and D drive but no E drive, try typing SUBST E: G:\ in the Run... box from the Start Menu and restart SansaMonkey.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

There should'nt be a difference if the Sansa Drive is the first free or not, but I will check that.
Last edited by onkel_enno on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffccif

Post by Griffccif »

Thanks for the replies. My Sansa does show (MSC mode) in windows explorer as Sansa E270 (G), but nothing in SansaMonkey. There is nothing in SansaMonkey ComboBox at all, it's blank.
This is the lists of my drives in Windows Explore
Local Drive (C:)
DVD-Rw Drive (D:)
Sansa E270 (G:)
Removable Disk (H:)
Network drives for work (K, L, R, Y, Z)
also when I plug into a USB port my Sandisk Card reader I get 4 other drives (M, N, O, P)

I don't show a E or F, how do I see if it's turned off? If I go to 'map network drive' it show A, B, E,F,I,J available to map to.
I haven't purchased an SD card for my Sansa yet, but if I'm going to remap drives do I need to map one now for the Sansa SD card? I think that is drive H right now.

In MM the Sansa e270 (G) and the Removable Disk (H) are shown in MSC mode. If I (safely remove) the Sansa and switch to MTP mode, windows explorer doesn't show the Sansa e270 (G) or Removable Disk (H) any longer (which I believe that is what should happen. But in MM it still shows the Sansa e270 but doesn't list a drive letter for it or for the sd card. Maybe that is also the way it's suppose to be. I don't want to detract from the main problem, but in MSC mode I am given the optiion to safely remove drive, but not in MTP mode. Is it ok to just unplug the Sansa in MTP mode?
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

You are both right. SansaMonkey really doesn't work if the Sansa hasn't the first free Drive Letter. I'll try to fix that and will hopefully post a new Version this evening.
Thanks
Griffccif

Post by Griffccif »

Thanks, I look forward to being able to use this program that everybody is raving about. Hopefully the new build will fix whatever problem I'm having. I really appreciate you addressing issues like this so quickly. Can't wait, Thanks!
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@Griffccif
I've uploaded a new version. Feel free to try it now.
Griffccif

Post by Griffccif »

Whatever you did WORKED! I can't wait to see how to set things up to make and manage playlists and delete my listened to podcasts. Gonna be FUN!
Thanks again!!
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270