MSN...I mean...Windows Live Messenger Beta

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

julzcompufreek

MSN...I mean...Windows Live Messenger Beta

Post by julzcompufreek »

Hi guys,

Here is another completely off-topic thread. (yes I'm looking at you rovingcowboy :D )

The new MSN Messenger is no longer going to be called MSN Messenger 8, it will be instead called 'Windows Live Messenger 8'. Microsoft seems to be re-branding many of its major sections.

A beta (which may contain bugs) is available. Now this is a real beta, not a fake like many of the others. It is available from the mess.be website.

Gee, I havnt tried it yet, its still downloading. Yes I am on dial-up but the file is over 10MB (and still going).

Anyways, I hope this was helpful to all of you MediaMonkies out there! :D
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Dont worry about cowboy...
he is not going to cause an problems with this...
i know now that is an Microsoft hidden agent.
He will most probably support this :lol:
Thanks for the link, i think i'll give it a shot although i have abandoded all this messengers and use Gaim instead
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Allready downloaded it.... (i am on a 100mbit root) and currently installing it.... lets see
It looks nice....
But i dont like the fact that i have to use a 3rd party not trusted software to connect (MSN downgradder or somthing) which also displays adds and alters my hoss file.
Will unistall imediatelly :lol: (not to mention running a spyware/virus scan)

EDIT
Ok, it seems that the software used to allow MSN connect its clean. But nevetheless i dont like the fact that its constantly running and shows adds.