How to fix Strange MP3 Corruption

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

workhorse149

How to fix Strange MP3 Corruption

Post by workhorse149 »

A year or so ago I started to notice weird noises in some of my MP3's. I finally figured out that when the mp3 would miss up playing. It was playing a small blurb from another mp3. Each of the mp3's that seem to be affected have these blurbs happened once, twice or more times through out the song. I tried programs that say they fix corruption, but not of these programs seem to fix this type of problem. What I think happened is that the hard drive mixed segments of these songs together. I have been trying to find a program that can play through a mp3 file and detect major sound changes. I hope to get a good list together of corrupt songs so I can replace them. My current solution is to give the song a bad rating as I listening to them when I hear the corruption occur. With over 5000 songs I barely made a dent in the play list LOL. Any program ideas to try would be helpful thanks.
3stageptb

Re: How to fix Strange MP3 Corruption

Post by 3stageptb »

does this happen to just a specific media player software or device?

if this is happening in a particular device only, try playing your MP3 using a PC and see if the same issue will occur