7 Must Haves

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Lightbee

7 Must Haves

Post by Lightbee »

Okay, you are only allowed to have 7 songs in your library. NO MORE. So what songs do you include?

Here are my picks.

1. Amazing Grace - Il Divo
2. Pan American - Hank Williams Sr.
3. I Saw The Light - Hank Williams Sr.
4. Some Memories Just Won't Die - Marty Robbins
5. Christmas Dance Party - Unknown Artist
6. We're An American Band - Grand Funk
7. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

I think that covers it nicely. However, since I am female I reserve the right to change my mind. Especially after I think about it for awhile. These were just off the top of my head.
vpsaxman

Re: 7 Must Haves

Post by vpsaxman »

I would probably pick mostly instrumental jazz tracks.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Since my music likes span from the 60's to present I'd like to try and have a variety from there.
Ok, off the top of my head
My Girl - The Temptations
A Day In The Life - The Beatles
Stairway To heaven - Led Zepplen
Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N Roses
Anything Madonna (she dominated in the 80's)
Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
Jesus Take The Wheel - Carrie underwood (can't leave jesus out)
Lightbee

Post by Lightbee »

You're right about that. Can't forget the guy in charge! There are so many good ones it was hard to pick. I completely left out all the classical music I love. Might exchange Steam or Grand Funk for Mozart if I really thought about it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'd prefre it be 7 artists, thats easier then just songs. you know how many songs there are?!!!!! :o

but i'll try.

1. Singing Waterfall by Hank Sr.
2. Tear In My Beer by Hank Sr, and Hank Jr.
3. Walking the Floor over you by Ernest Tubb.
4. Amazing Grace by Tennesse Ernie Ford.
5. carol of the Bells by Robert Rhimes
6. theme song of the monkees, or Papa Genes Blues by the Monkees
7. Thats Amora by Dean Martin

now the artists would be slightly different.
any songs by these.

1. Hank Sr, and Jr.
2. Dean Martin
3. Ernest Tubb.
4. Bob Wills
5. Elvis Presly
6. The Monkees
7. The Beatles

of course those answers for both are not it only the ones i can think of off hand and i might change them,?
why only seven. thats too little i need more like 7000 choices. 8)

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Lightbee wrote:You're right about that. Can't forget the guy in charge! There are so many good ones it was hard to pick. I completely left out all the classical music I love. Might exchange Steam or Grand Funk for Mozart if I really thought about it.
Well I think you said songs? and the definition of song is.
# the act or art of singing: to break into song
# a piece of music sung or composed for singing
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

vpsaxman wrote:I would probably pick mostly instrumental jazz tracks.
It wouldn't be songs for me either - much prefer Guitar Rock (might contain the odd lyrics). :P
MediaMonkey user since 2006
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

classical songs have been played so long now with out having the words sang to them if they had
words and some of them did that people are thinking they are instrumentals.

and there are songs used for tv show theme's that don't get their words sung. so everybody
thinks they are instramental's like bonaza's theme it had words to it.

and instramentals are songs. that is known by the djs why else would they intraduce them by
saying " here is an nice instramental song " which i have have heard them say before.

if we say they can't define what a song is then we have to say they can not define what rating a song is
and that means we have to take that bomb rating out of the song's because they are the ones that
started rating songs as bombs.

so i don't see any reason you can not list an instramental song as one of the 7 in the list that lightbee asked you.?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Ok, that's it.....let's fight ! :D

would you call Mozart a song writer ..or a composer ? To me he composed music, not songs.
Now having said that.. we also say that "birds sing"..but are they really singing or just making music. We have "song birds" but yet I haven't seen any good bird lyrics.

Ok now i'm confused. But i still say a song needs at least a few good words.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tosarge wrote:Ok, that's it.....let's fight ! :D

would you call Mozart a song writer ..or a composer ? To me he composed music, not songs.
Now having said that.. we also say that "birds sing"..but are they really singing or just making music. We have "song birds" but yet I haven't seen any good bird lyrics.

Ok now i'm confused. But i still say a song needs at least a few good words.
theres always the title that is a few good words :lol:

oh yeah and would you call artist that sing the songs they write the lyrics too and compose the musical notes for, a singer ? a song writer? or a composer? :D
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

No Vocals = No Song

and humming doesn't count either
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tosarge wrote:No Vocals = No Song

and humming doesn't count either
then how do i hear the instrumentals? if there is not any song then there is not any music and if there is no music there is no sound to hear? as the example you used the song bird sings and i hear his song. so the sound is a group of notes used to make music which is what the song is. there for songs = music = notes played sung in certain order = sound = enjoyment of the song birds song. 8)
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

what your saying then is that any noise is a song?
I disagree..if i was hammering something, that's just noise..but if i but words to it as i hammered , now it's a song.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tosarge wrote:what your saying then is that any noise is a song?
I disagree..if i was hammering something, that's just noise..but if i but words to it as i hammered , now it's a song.
okay look at it this way. songs are noise made by items that vibrate and move air in such a mannor as to make the air have a sound to it that is constant in mannor to the listener so as they hear words or musical notes.
all words are made by human vocal cords that compress the air by vibration in to super compact wave lengths to make the sound of words, instruments can make the sound of words also. this has been done by many guitar players.
why do they make the sound of words.? they have strings that compress the air in to compact wave lengths to make the
sound of notes. the words are not as well sounding as human words because the strings can't compact the air as much as
human vocal cords. some instraments do a better job at it then others by use of wood cells that react to vibrate and help
compact the air a little more then just the strings could do. so all instruments have a voice. ? voice used to make vocals
of the notes? human voice used to make vocals of the words.? voice = vocals = song, both have a voice? both make
sound that vibrates and compacts the air, both can be said to sing the sound waves. so both have songs. :)
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

writing more words than me doesn't make you right :D