Music Organization Suggestions

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

khaji00

Music Organization Suggestions

Post by khaji00 »

I was monkeying around with my music library this weekend in hopes of better organizing my music and I dont think i got the outcome i was looking for. I had music of several hard drives that i began copying over to a single hard drive. I put all my music (without sub folders like itunes) into a single folder. The issue i'm having now is if i want to browse for music manually through the actual *.mp3 files it takes forever for the folder to load/present the files because there are so many.

I wanted to know if there are any suggestions from users as to how i should organize a large music library.

Also, I am finding a lol of duplicates, is there a script recommended to help find and remove the duplicates not only from MM3 but also my pc?

Thanks for your time and input.
khaji00

Re: Music Organization Suggestions

Post by khaji00 »

Lowlander

Re: Music Organization Suggestions

Post by Lowlander »

iratozer@yahoo.com

Suggestions

Post by iratozer@yahoo.com »

i would like to suggest the following:
In the "Entire Library/Files To Edit/Duplicate Content" place the (2X) to the very left of the line containing a duplicate, to make scanning for duplicates easier.
Allow us to change the colors of files to our choice.
do something about "Art and Lyrics" dialog, it sucks. It puts whatever art in place of most of the albums. It also has a strange way of finding the covers. Why not just go get the stuff in the background and if it isn't the right ones then let me choose?