News: Apple's entire range of iPods receive a makeover

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

RandallSG

News: Apple's entire range of iPods receive a makeover

Post by RandallSG »

I don't like iTunes for Music Management, but I do like my iPods. See Apple's announcement below. A new version of iTunes was also released. --- RandallSG

Apple's entire range of iPods receive a makeover

Apple today announced a new refresh to its line of iPods that include the iPod, the Nano, and the Shuffle. The new iPod will have a 60-percent brighter screen and have an increased video playback time of 3.5 hours, which is roughly 1.5 hours more than the current iPod. Apple will also be releasing a bigger capacity iPod that sports an internal 80GB hard drive that can play video for 6.5 hours.

The iPod Nano will also receive a refresh. Apple today announced that the iPod Nano will now be all aluminum and available in various colors. Currently, the iPod Nano is made of plastic and was previously reported to be easily scratched. Available colors for the new iPod Nano are green, silver, black, blue and pink. Apple will be making the new iPod Nano in three flavors: 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. The 2GB iPod Nano will only be available in silver color.

2GB: $149 - Silver only
4GB: $199 - All colors except black
8GB: $249 - All colors

The new iPod Nanos will come with a new charger, armband and new lanyard. Apple claims that the new Nano will be able to play for roughly 24 hours non stop.

Along with new iPods, Apple will be introducing new software for the small players as well. New generation software will include such features as gapless playback, searching, and a host of new games: Bejeweled, Pac Man, Texas Holdem, Tetris, Mahjong and others. Users will also be able to purchase games for their iPods off of iTunes for $4.99 per game.

Apple's iPod Shuffle will also receive a revamp. The Shuffle has been reduced in size to roughly the size of the iPod radio remote. The iPod Shuffle's body is now metal and comes in only a 1GB version for $79. Apple said that the new Shuffle will ship in October of this year.
lassekongo

The obvious question - will MM sync?

Post by lassekongo »

Of course, one cannot purchase a new nano unless it syncs with MediaMonkey. Probably, if the software is to much updated, it wont take long before such problem would be solved..?

What do you experts think?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

somebody's got a crack for it already.

theres nothing you can do to stop one from trying to get what they are not wanted to have if they really want it.

so anything they make to not let ipods talk to monkey will be broken almost in one day by some hacker that wants to use monkey.

for every lock or door there is always key pick or a window around the side of the house. if the door is locked and can't be picked? well with determination one will get in if they want too.

some times however once in they soon realize it was a trap. then all .... breaks loose and they try to get back out with thier skin and no dog teeth or buck shot in their butt.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.