***HELP NEEDED***

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

***HELP NEEDED***

Post by Guest »

hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to computers. For some reason as of today when I try to access youtube and myspace I can play songs and view videos.

I'm getting this message when I open any page on the net:

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. as a result this page might not display correctly"

I'm going mad trying to fix this. Does anyone know a quick way of solving this. Bare in mind i am a novice when it comes to things like this...

Thanks so much for listening,

Paul

PS. I tried another forum but there's like 4 people on it. word to your ma's
Hooah

Post by Hooah »

It is in your internet explorer options. Go to I think it is Security Tab and slide the tab down a few notches. I havent used IE in a long time (www.opera.com) so I am a little fuzzy on exactly how to do it.

Tools>Internet Option>Security (Tab)>Default Level (Button)>Scroll Lever down to "Medium-Low" or "Low"
wokou
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The exact option you are looking for is called "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" but it is not really safe to Enable this in the Internet zone - best to set it to Prompt.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

Hooah and Trixmoto you guys are awesome. Thanks so much for your help... All is back up and running!!!

Thanks again,

paul
Hooah

Post by Hooah »

Yeah, you have to be careful with ActiveX. Malicious software loves this way to get on your PC. Only use it when you are positive it is from a trusted source.
wokou