proper tagging of artwork

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ikuehn

proper tagging of artwork

Post by ikuehn »

Hi. After searching the forum and stressing google without success I have to ask my noob question here.

Each of my songs contains at least two images (embedded in the tag), one of the image type "cover (front)" and a second one of the image type "artist". The cover image is always the first one in the MMW4 artwork list. I have no artwork in the file folders.

However, in all MMW views some albums are shown with the artist image, others with the cover image and I have no clue, why. I got the impression, MMW picks always the latest image added, regardless of the image type or the order in the artwork list.

My final goal is to have artist images shown in the artist view and cover images shown in the album/song view. Is there a recommended practice how to achieve this objective? Moreover, it would be nice if this would fit to MMW5 and MMA as well.

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: proper tagging of artwork

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey always shows the first image shown in the Artwork tab of Properties.

If the problem is in the Filelistings you can try removing the MMCache********_* folders from the MediaMonkey Temp (set under Tools > General) folder. This clears the cache forcing a rebuild from the files tags. Also make sure you're on MediaMonkey 4.1.26.
ikuehn

Re: proper tagging of artwork

Post by ikuehn »

Thank you for your superior fast reply; clearance of the cache solved my issue in MMW4.

I will forward my wish to use artist images from the tag in the artist view of MMA and MMW5 to the respective forums.