[SOLVED] Display music by album artist and album?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

inmado

[SOLVED] Display music by album artist and album?

Post by inmado » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:22 pm

I am unhappy with the default options to display music in MM. You can use the Album view. However, it orders albums by album title. Thus, albums of a single artist are not next to each other. You can of course use the view "Artists & Album Artists" instead. This will present the album's of an artist as a single node. Well, not exactly! In fact, an artist's node will not only contain the album's of that artist, but also all albums (collections) that contain only a single song of that artist, where the artist is not at all the Album artist! Even worse, any collection will be split and nodes will be created for any artist on that collection! A Sampler of Rock classics with 20 songs will result in 20 entries in the "Artists & Album Artists" view. This makes that view rather useless. Too many entries with just a single song...

I'd like to have a view by "Album artist and Album name" so that all albums of e.g. Pink Floyd are listed under that node, but all albums that are collections are show e.g. under "Various".

Is that possible? In MMW? In MMA?

Peke

Re: Display music by album artist and album?

Post by Peke » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi,
If I understand this correctly, you want them separated.

In Both MMW and MMA you can customize Main Screen and Separate "Artist & Album Artist" -> "Artist"+"Album Artist" and only problems is where Compilatios gets flagged as singles and Artist is copied to Album Artist instead of assigning "Various" thus they appear as albums of that artist.

If I have not helped much can you please add screenshot to your next reply showing where the problem is?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

inmado

Post by inmado » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 am

What I want is basically the view offered by MMW tree via Music/Album_Artist, which shows all the Albums ordered by album artist. But there is no such tree in MMA?!?

I basically just want to browse albums like browsing albums in real live, i.e. browsing my physical LPs/CDs, which are ordered by artist and all collections are separated at the end.
In Both MMW and MMA you can customize Main Screen
How? - I'd be happy if the Albums in album view would be ordered by 1. album artist and 2. album name. Unfortunately, Albums are ordered by album name, only.

Sorry, no screen-shot, because I don't see how it could add any value to the above description, which is quite clear, hopefully?!

inmado

Post by inmado » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:15 am

Ok, I just upgraded to MMA pro, found the customization options of the main display via menu/Personalize which offers a view "Album Artists". Exactly what I was looking for.

Peke

Post by Peke » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi,
Oops, I forgot that Personalize and reordering is Pro feature :oops: :cry:

Glad you are satisfied.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum