Have I set up MM wrong?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SombreJungle

Have I set up MM wrong?

Post by SombreJungle »

Hi,

I buy almost all of my music now online from Bandcamp; some of it is long-form ambient drones that are broken into shorter files. I then use WavePad to join them into one track. Whenever I open WavePad and search for the files, however, they are always in my iTunes library. If I try to search MediaMonkey, the only folders I can see are Equalizer, Favicons, License, Plugins, Scripts, and Skins, and an "Internet Shortcut" to MM.

Did I stuff something up at the beginning and not migrate my iTunes library correctly? Is there any way I can do that now so I can open a file in WP from MM without having to go thru all the hassle of recreating all my playlists etc?

I hope this question makes sense, and I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
Lowlander

Re: Have I set up MM wrong?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't operate in that way. It manages your media files, but they can be stored wherever you want and that doesn't need to be in a MediaMonkey location.

You can move files however and use Auto-Organize to move them automatically when added/edited if you do desire a different location: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... enames/4.0
SombreJungle

Post by SombreJungle »

So all I have to do is choose a location that's accessible to WavePad? That sounds doable even for me :D

Thanks Lowlander, I appreciate your help . . . now, to work . . .
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can do C:\Music as a simple location or any other location on your internal, external or networked storage.
SombreJungle

Post by SombreJungle »

UPDATE: It's worked beautifully, thanks Lowlander. A few folders might be missing the album artwork so I won't delete iTunes just yet, but all the music seems to be where I want it and it's accessible thru WavePad. So many thanks for your help.