Track numbering changes? Song changes entire collection reloads?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Springsteenfan

Track numbering changes? Song changes entire collection reloads?

Post by Springsteenfan »

I have some 35000 songs I have just added to MM. What I don't want is for MM to do what it did last time, and alter very single track to a differet number. This means if I want to play an album it would always play it in the correct order. So, how do I stop it from doing this? I have read a previous post tools>auto-tag file name. But would it mean doing this via each album? I looked and currently it hasn't changed the track numbers. Or would it only do it when I add them to my phone?

If I find that I have made mistakes in my collection. As in a song title misnamed or a spelling mistake in an artist. I use Tag & Rename so the Tag stays within the MP3, as MM doesn't hold changes all the time. Some chnages I've made in MM when I used T&R the chnage isn't there, be it a track change or artist. So, if I find a mistake I use T&R and then go to the album within MM where I have made the alteration/s, and click on it which then makes the change within MM. However then I have to reload my entire music collection, all 35k songs, why?
Lowlander

Re: Track numbering changes? Song changes entire collection reloads?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't change Track numbers on its own. There are tools you can use to change Track numbers, but as long as you don't use them the Track numbers don't change.

By default MediaMonkey writes all tag changes to the files as well as the database (Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists). You can also use the Music > Files to Edit > Unsynchronized Tags node to see any files for which the tag values are not what's shown in the Library. Use Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags to save database values to the files tags.

You can use Folder Monitoring to have MediaMonkey pick up changes while they're being made, or just scan the folder where the changes were made: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... he_Library

You may want to disable Infer File Properties under Tools > Options > Library. It guesses tags from folder/filename on scanning for empty fields and can have undesirable results.
Springsteenfan

Re: Track numbering changes? Song changes entire collection reloads?

Post by Springsteenfan »

Thank you for those pointers. I'll make the changes.