Unexpected track re-numbering

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Noddy

Unexpected track re-numbering

Post by Noddy »

I'm running MM 4.1.25 standard edition on Windows 10. I have done something which has caused MM to re-number my entire music collection and I don't know what it is I have done. Help please, as I would like to revert to Album track numbering. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Unexpected track re-numbering

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe Tools > Scripts > Auto-Increment Track #s? Also Auto-Tag from Filename could be it.

If the filenames have the correct Track #'s you can use Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename to fix: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... enames/4.0
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Thanks for speedy response Lowlander. I suspect I must have inadvertently activated Auto-increment track #s, though how I haven't a clue. My music collection is on a satellite drive and all the track #s have been renumbered 1 to 4100 so sadly not having the correct track numbers rules out your Filename Auto-tag fix. The only solution I can see is the tedious chore of renumbering track by track through properties pane for each track. Unless some other thought occurs to you ? Cheers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that the Filenames were also altered? Auto-Increment Track #'s only affects the Tag, unless you have Auto-Organize enabled or use Auto-Organize Files.
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Yes the file names have altered, well, not the names but the track numbers. I have a screenshot of an album with one of the track properties pane showing which would illustrate what I'm trying to say, but I don't know code so don't know how to post it here to show you. Image ?
In the details section of the pane the track is shown as #600 but it's track #3 on the album. And the details pane won't let me renumber it ! I'm mildly tech savvy but this has me totally perplexed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Noddy

Post by Noddy »

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AADwei ... ize_mode=2
Thanks for that pointer.
I'm beginning to have doubts that the problem was caused by MM. I was incorrect when I stated Mood Indigo is #3 on the album. I've pulled the album from my store and it shows Mood Indigo as being #7. Slop being #1. So whatever has caused this, it has not just renumbered the tracks it has also rearranged the track order !
The plot thickens.

The image I posted seems to be the size of an icon !? Can it be enlarged to legible size ?
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Aha ! Got it.
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Just now tried renumbering the tracks through the properties pane and for the Mingus album it has worked. However when I tried the Abba albums I'm still locked out.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

the Abba albums I'm still locked out.
1. look register: general
2. disable write protect
3. apply
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation