Auto Organize Question...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

roush9799

Auto Organize Question...

Post by roush9799 »

I'm trying to use auto organize to organize my files. I have a bunch of live songs from live albums that are on different albums than the studio versions I have. When I go to auto organize, it comes up as duplicate files and the names have to be changed to organize those. How do I deal with this issue? It's organizing by song title which is the same between the studio version and live version.
Lowlander

Re: Auto Organize Question...

Post by Lowlander »

Add more details either to the tags used (like adding (Live) to Title) or add more fields to the Auto-Organize Files Mask (like \<Album>\).
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

You can add the date of the concert, or the name of the studio album, to the song title.
If the song titles are identical (without such addiotions) and you put them in 1 album, neither MM nor you can tell which is which….

Alternatively, you could just leave them on the original albums/concerts and just create a playlist per song.
roush9799

Post by roush9799 »

I went through and added (live) the live tracks. Some I even had to add (live)1 and (live)2 since I may have had 3 or 4 different live versions of the same songs. Took me a half hour or so, but it's done now. I'm really liking this program as my music is all in one place and easy to find now.