Can I now break free of itunes and delete it all from my computer?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

roush9799

Can I now break free of itunes and delete it all from my computer?

Post by roush9799 »

I installed Media Monkey, which I love so far. Some of my music was on drive C and some on E. Most was in an itunes file. I selected all my music and moved it into a folder E:Jeremy\Music\song name.m4a Obviously the song name is the name of each track that moved. I looked into my itunes libraries and seen that the songs still show up there. Can I now delete all the itunes stuff and my music still show up in my new location? Just want to make sure I'm safe with that as I want to rid my computer of itunes completely to free up space. Somehow I also ended up with 2 itunes libraries over the course of the years, but all my songs showed up in MM and I moved them all.
Lowlander

Re: Can I now break free of itunes and delete it all from my computer?

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MediaMonkey doesn't require iTunes to be installed. Do note that iTunes is required to sync to Apple iOS devices, but if you don't have those or don't sync to them you won't need iTunes installed.
roush9799

Re: Can I now break free of itunes and delete it all from my computer?

Post by roush9799 »

Thanks, that's my goal to break away from the apple dynasty. Itunes ruined my collection twice by putting songs in different spots, and losing some along the way. I want full control over my music. I let google play sync to my library for my phone, but it still lets me do what I want with my files on my desktop. It will be much easier to backup now too.