Odd Duplication Issue

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

HumanJHawkins

Odd Duplication Issue

Post by HumanJHawkins »

My media was on a mirrored (RAID 1) pair of drives. I just swapped motherboards to one with a different RAID controller. So while I'm fixing that, both drives currently show up as drives "E:" and "F:", each with a copy of my library.

My library was on F: before, and MediaMonkey was/is only set up to monitor drive F. But somehow it has scanned and added duplicates of everything from the E: drive. Incidentally, somehow it also has a handful of files from my C: drive.

I just double-checked Tools | Options... | Library | File Monitor..., and it claims to only be monitoring F:\. Nothing in the entirety of C:\ or E:\ is checked to be monitored.

Any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it? I hesitate to delete the copies, as it appears MediaMonkey is confused about where it should be working... I'm a bit afraid it will delete both when I tell it to delete one, since it picked up both when I only told it to pick up one.

(Yes, I could take a drive offline... Will likely do that, but I may need to bring it online again before I'm thorugh, and don't want MediaMonkey to reacquire the dups, etc. Would like to just fix this rather than work around it.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lowlander

Re: Odd Duplication Issue

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey uses driveID instead of drive letter (works better with removable storage), and thus this has changed. To fix remove the new files from the Library (the one with drive letter) and update the old files (the ones without drive letter): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer
HumanJHawkins

Re: Odd Duplication Issue

Post by HumanJHawkins »

Thanks much.