Skip function with HD files

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Guy Turner

Skip function with HD files

Post by Guy Turner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

I have multiple Sample and Bit rate files, (mp3, flac, wave, wave HD, etc...). When I play any file with a sample rate of 41,100 and a bit rate of 1,411 (CD Wave) or Less, (mp3, flac, etc...), it plays just fine. But when I play higher sample rate and bit rate HD files (sample rate: 96,000 and bit rate: 3072) it will initially play correctly but if I try to skip forward or skip to the next song it cuts off the sound. The marker shows it still playing but it won't put out any sound. But...if I stop and restart the song it will play fine. It doesn't matter if I use the skip button on my keyboard, the skip button on the app, manually double click to skip to another song, FF, RW or manually go to a different part of the song, it will cut the sound off until the song is stopped and restarted. But if the song just finishes Then goes to another song it plays just fine.
Windows 10 - 64bit
Intel system
ASUS Xonar SE 5.1 sound card

Please help,
Master Foo

Guy Turner

Re: Skip function with HD files

Post by Guy Turner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 pm

I just installed a new sound card (ASUS Xonar SE) and it seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know why the other card (ASUS DGX) would quit working when I would skip to another song or FF/RW with HD files but it was working correctly until recently with a couple Windows updates. Anyway, the new card is working great.

Foosball is Therapy,
Master Foo
Charlotte, NC Foosball Tournament Director