Greyed tracks after changing file path slightly

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Re: Greyed tracks after changing file path slightly

Post by yarguy »

You say you didn't move the files, just "slightly" renamed them by changing folder names. MM4 - and any other program you might use - will think you moved them, because you gave them a new address (and didn't tell MM that you did so). All the people replying to you are telling you that the first step is tell MM the new addresses - then you can deal with any other issues. You tell it the new addresses by using File -> Locate Moved/Missing files. As others have pointed out, the instructions on how to procede are here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... sing_Files. In step 1, I think you will find the files to be located by going to Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the media tree. (Music is the name of a collection - in this case, the collection that contains everything in your library.)
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

yarguy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 am You say you didn't move the files, just "slightly" renamed them by changing folder names. MM4 - and any other program you might use - will think you moved them, because you gave them a new address (and didn't tell MM that you did so). All the people replying to you are telling you that the first step is tell MM the new addresses - then you can deal with any other issues. You tell it the new addresses by using File -> Locate Moved/Missing files. As others have pointed out, the instructions on how to procede are here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... sing_Files. In step 1, I think you will find the files to be located by going to Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the media tree. (Music is the name of a collection - in this case, the collection that contains everything in your library.)
Thanks yarguy, yep, that is correct, I didn't move the files, just renamed them and as mentioned a few times, I have tried the ideas, plus yours above and none have worked. However, I have just moved the relevant playlists into the MMG4 media tree and so far, so good.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you need to edit the Playlist files (the M3U files on your PC) directly. This can be done using any text editor like Notepad.

You can use the Edit > Replace function in Notepad if you want to make the same change for all the occurrences of this value. So you can Replace double spaces with singe spaces.