Problems with listing of media files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

junkdiver

Problems with listing of media files

Post by junkdiver »

I'm new to MM after long fight with Win Media player. I have been transferring my LPs to digital and putting the collection on a remote hard drive. The structure of the media on the hard drive as follows "D:\MUSIC\Artist\Albubm#1" and the same directory could have additional albums.
The problem I'm having is when MM imports the files only 50+ albums are brought in out of 84 on the HD, and the last album has 453 media files listed under it. Some of the albums in the list only contain 1 media file. Other albums have media files from other artist. I have gone through the forum and setup a number times and the situation just gets worse and I can not find a solution. What am I missing here?
Lowlander

Re: Problems with listing of media files

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is tag based, thus if files show incorrectly (wrong Artist and/or wrong Album) it is a problem with the tags. This can be caused by Infer File Properties (disable under Tools > Options > Library, but won't change things for files already added) or because the files were poorly tagged.

You can use Entire Library > Location (enable under File > Manage Collections) to browse folder style like in Explorer. This will show you what's in the MediaMonkey Library. You can use Tools > Auto-Organize Files to tag files based on your folder structure: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... lename/4.0
junkdiver

Post by junkdiver »

Thanks. Works like a charm but have a few media files that need to be modified because of special characters that are creating problems.
Fixed that problem and have run into another. I've set up the network media library as MML and streaming media to my receiver. I'm not getting "GENRE," "ALBUM," or "ARTIST" listings on the receiver and after getting getting into Win Media player I realize that the receiver is looking at WMP instead of MMP for those listings. There was a switch in the settings to disable MM from looking at WMP, which I thought I had turned off, but can't find that setting now to verify that it is off.
junkdiver

Post by junkdiver »

Everything is working well in MM with the media files. I have my receiver set up to stream with MM and here is where I need some help. If i pick on the receiver to show "ALL MUSIC" all 800+ files show up, picking "GENRE," "ALBUM," or "ARTIST" nothing is listed. How can I get this info to the receiver?
junkdiver

Post by junkdiver »

Ignore last post problem solved.