Remove podcast from subscriptions list without deleting tracks?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

saila7124

Remove podcast from subscriptions list without deleting tracks?

Post by saila7124 »

Pretty simple, I guess -- is it possible to remove a podcast from my subscriptions list without also removing the episodes from my library?

I have several podcasts in my library that are old/no longer being updated. I'd like to take them out of my subscriptions list, but whenever I try to remove the subscription, it also wants to remove the tracks from the library entirely.

I tried converting the podcast tracks to Audiobook, but now they show up both under podcast subscriptions AND audiobooks.

Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Remove podcast from subscriptions list without deleting tracks?

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on a Podcast subscription under Podcast > Subscriptions and select Unsubscribe, it will offer to unsubscribe or unsubscribe and delete episodes.
saila7124

Post by saila7124 »

Don't have an unsubscribe option.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you actually subscribed to them?
saila7124

Post by saila7124 »

No, that's the thing -- I haven't been for years. When I imported my library over from iTunes (years ago), all of the podcast files I had were categorized under podcast subscriptions, even though I wasn't subscribed to them.

Figured out a workaround. If I switch the files over to audiobook and then remove them from the library, then re-scan my folders, it puts the files properly under audiobook and I don't have dead subscriptions cluttering up the podcasts. Seems to work.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you check if Those podcasts contain in Genre word "podcast" as that maybe the case MMW detect them initially as podcasts and when you change Type to Audiobook then they are correctly grouped under there.

This behavior id designed so that when you move folders to another PC and tehn re subscribe to those podcasts MMW pair them and do not download them again.

You did the right thing as if you do not need those podcasts and subscription you changed them to Audio books so that you have them sorted as they should but not listed anymore as subscriptions.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts