Modifying MP3 file header text info

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Heather179

Modifying MP3 file header text info

Post by Heather179 »

Is there a method I can use in a program to access and modify ripped music CD-MP3 file(s) header text?

There is a method available in the MusicMatch jukeboks music player, but with 2000 files ripper from 50 CD's, the job is quite formidable and the tool "supertagging' is cumbersome to use.

What I see for me is more like the visual representation of Excel, where I would have just the three fields Artist name, Song title and Album name. displayed.

The Artist field would have the option of repeating the top field down for all the song titles, Album would always be repeated for all song titles.

Song titles wil of course have to be entered for each item.

In the ripped files, every file has the fields track#, artist, album + some of less importance.

Just let me know if I am at the wrong forum for my search. I just don't know anywhere else that I might go.

For programming I might use Visual Foxpro and/or assembler. I haven't used C since early 1980's.
Lowlander

Re: Modifying MP3 file header text info

Post by Lowlander »

That's the point of MediaMonkey. You can edit metadata and it will save it to the files (default): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... erties/4.0