how can I disable this behavior? (grouping albums in tree)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jasamoron

how can I disable this behavior? (grouping albums in tree)

Post by jasamoron »

Hi everyone,
a lot of time I have got this problem:

When I set one word in "album" tag for some MP3 file, for example "90s" word, for making my own album from several tracks that I like their. MM group theirs and It show severals "90s" albums in the ALBUM branch of MULTIMEDIA TREE, For example: 90s (Aqua), 90 (Accapella), (90 Sanp!)...
MM show severals ALBUMS items when I have defined only one: "90s"

Plase anybody could help me? thanks !!!
Lowlander

Re: how can I disable this behavior? (grouping albums in tree)

Post by Lowlander »

Abum and Album Artist are used as that's what defines an Album in MediaMonkey. So you'll need to use something like Various Artists for Album Artist if you want to see them as one entry. Artist can remain whatever value you like.
gwwhitehead

Post by gwwhitehead »

Use Album Artist for Composers like Beethoven and named groups. For Compilations, use Various Artists as Album Artists and individual performers as Artist. Use Artist for performers of composers material and for individual artist albums, so they are the same as Album Artist.

My beef is MM always opens with summary, which makes for a wonky grouped look. I clear out all Ratings and use it to order all artwork alphabetically! Seems you cannot change the opening view in Art mode or any other!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey should open with what you closed with. If this isn't the case MediaMonkey isn't closing/wasn't closed properly.