Music and Video nodes not showing in tree

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ryuwrx

Music and Video nodes not showing in tree

Post by ryuwrx »

Good day all,

First off, thanks for all the support provided on these forums. I've always been able to find answers here without a need to request assistance, until today. I just recently wiped my HDD and reinstalled my OS. After reinstalling MM and doing a scan for all my music and video files, the files show in my recently added default playlist, but I don't see VIDEO and MUSIC nodes in the media tree. I've never seen this before after doing a clean install and I'm struggling to figure out why they are missing and I also cannot find anything in the forums to help. Any assistance is appreciated.

The only nodes I can see in the media tree and in the options for adding are:
Now Playing
Entire Library
Playlists
Downloads
Media Servers
Search Results
My Computer
Net Radio
Web

V/R
Ryu
AlanH

Re: Music and Video nodes not showing in tree

Post by AlanH »

Hiya,

In tools/ options/ media tree you can change which media tree items are displayed.

Alan
ryuwrx

Post by ryuwrx »

Thanks Alan.

That's part of the problem. The media tree items I listed are the only ones that show in the Edit Media Tree. My only option is to "Add New Collection" to create my own Video and Music nodes. I've never NOT seen the music and video nodes in any other install.

Ryu
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Ah right, sorry about that, are you using the latest version and did you import any of your previous MM database or files, I’m just a normal user but most on here know MM inside out so hopefully they will be able to sort you out.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

First report of this, maybe you accidentally deleted them.

Anyway, Gold Users can create these with Music being Type = Music; Classic Music and Video being Type = Podcast; Music Video; Video; TV; Video Podcast.
ryuwrx

Post by ryuwrx »

Lowlander,

Thanks. I don't recall ever deleting them. Luckily I am a Gold user so I'm creating them now per your comment above. It just seems very odd to me that they disappeared when I did a completely fresh install of my OS and MM.

Ryu
Last edited by ryuwrx on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryuwrx

Post by ryuwrx »

I will note that I did one thing different on this latest OS install. I moved my profile folders (music, video, docs, etc.) from the C drive to a different drive. Then I did the new install of MM and scanned the profile folders now on the F drive. I don't see how this could affect the nodes missing though.

Ryu
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Collections are independent of files, so it doesn't matter how you move/organize files when it comes to Collections.