Can I have 2 panes showing at same time?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Can I have 2 panes showing at same time?

Post by mikehende »

Hey guys, it is possible with either MM or MM Gold version to have a library or search pane showing at the same time in the interface along with the playlist pane please?
Lowlander

Re: Can I have 2 panes showing at same time?

Post by Lowlander »

No, all you got is multiple tabs. Some use the Now Playing as a staging (any changes here don't reflect back to the Playlist though).
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Main problem is when I type a search for a tune the playlist area disappears, is there a way around this to always keep the playlist in view or to get back to it after the search?

Also typing searches for any tune doesn't seem to be working.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is a back button in the Shortcuts Toolbar and like I said a separate tab could work as well (you can D&D files from the Search results tab onto the Playlist tab to add them).

Search only works on files in the Library (ie. Music, Classical Music, ect., My Computer doesn't indicate if a file is in the Library) for the Search Scope (see little drop down button next to search button) and for the fields enabled for Search (Tools > Options > Search).
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 am There is a back button in the Shortcuts Toolbar and like I said a separate tab could work as well (you can D&D files from the Search results tab onto the Playlist tab to add them).
i never added files to the library, I would always simply choose any folder from the left tree and let it run. Search works fine now, thanks!

Sorry I am not understanding the above.Yes, I would like to either D&D from search into the playlist or right-click and set to play next or whatever but I am not understanding how to use a separate tab for the search results, can you advise on that please?
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Oh wait, think I got it. I went File-New Tab then used that for the search and dragged into the Now Playing list, that should work, thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You have right click > Send To > Playlist.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Got it thanks, I prefer to drag so I can drop it wherever I want in the Now playing list.