Podcast subscription issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Geoff Foley

Podcast subscription issues

Post by Geoff Foley »

Hey, hoping for some help with MM4 on a PC.
I just ditched itunes and have moved to MM4. I manually 'subscribed' to all my podcasts by entering the URL in the relevant spot, and a handful of existing podcasts that had been saved in the C drive (those i hadn't listened to yet) by itunes were downloaded.
However, it is not downloading any new episodes, nor is it deleting those I have listened to.

So I have 2 questions- if a 'subscribed' podcast doesn't have a corresponding file in the C drive to download too (c:- music>podcasts...) is it actually subscribed too? If not how do i ensure a 'subscribed' podcast appears in the c drive as a folder.

And, I have set the podcast settings to delete all podcasts that are more than one day old but not those that are not listened to- no deletion though on sync. Is there a trick to ensuring deletion or is it a syncing issue?

Thanks
Geoff
Lowlander

Re: Podcast subscription issues

Post by Lowlander »

Sync? Is there another device involved?

Does it show subscribed podcasts under Podcasts > Subscriptions in the Media Tree and which version of MediaMonkey?
Geoff Foley

Re: Podcast subscription issues

Post by Geoff Foley »

Hey Lowlander,

Am trying to sync to an ipod nano and also a sony walkman NW-A45 to listen on the go.
Am using the current MM version 4.1.21- I downloaded it last wednesday.
All of the podcasts do come up under the Podcast>subscriptions tree, which makes me think the lack of a C drive destination file is the issue. Would be handy if the ones that do appear in the C Drive would put out a new episode for me to test!