Auto-Creation of multiple album art sizes?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JohnMBrooks

Auto-Creation of multiple album art sizes?

Post by JohnMBrooks »

Hey there,

I haven't found an answer elsewhere, but if it's already explained somewhere else please let me know.

My question is about the auto-creation of different size album art. It's a bit annoying, so I'd like to know if it's an option somewhere, if it can be disabled, and if so, whether one should or not.

More especifically, for every track 2 extra reduced size album arts are created and added to the track. See image here. That creates a lot of chaos in my library when trying to just keep the full size copy and attach it to the right tracks. I imagine that there are devices for which a low-res copy of the album art would be beneficial, but it seems to happen regardless of exporting the track or not.

Anyway, some input would be appreciated. This has been bugging me for years, to be honest. I have Mediamonkey Gold if that makes any difference regarding the options.
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Creation of multiple album art sizes?

Post by Lowlander »

Those are likely from Windows Media Player/Music Library. Hovering over them will give more clues. If your files part of their Library it will automatically create those files.

MediaMonkey picks them up if you have scan file directories for Artwork enabled under Tools > Options > Library.

The following may be able to help clean up: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8678&hilit=album+art+tagger
JohnMBrooks

Re: Auto-Creation of multiple album art sizes?

Post by JohnMBrooks »

Thanks for the quick response!

After some more searching, and realizing that they were consistently 200x200 and 75x75 I indeed found out that they were from WMP. I can't believe it, I've probably had the problem for over a decade and it's cost me tons of hours. I had no idea WMP was so flawed in that way.

Anyway, thanks. Hopefully disabling it completely will fix the issue.