no output using scripts (any of them)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Trapp

no output using scripts (any of them)

Post by Trapp »

when i run any of the scripts to export my database, i get the same error message. message follows:

Error #1010 - Microsoft VBScript compilation error
Expected identifier
MsgBox "Error creating Common Dialog Control, probably COMDLG32.OCX is missing. Please check FAQ.txt file for a solution:.
File: "D\Program Files\Songs-DB\Scripts\Export.vbs", Line: 40, Column: 126

I am running Windows 2000 and Songs-DB version 1.2 (Build: 5.347), I followed the instructions listed in the FAQ. Still get error message.
Any Ideas?
jiri

Post by jiri »

There is an error in the "Export.vbs" file, end of the line number 40 should look like:

solution."

not

solution".

It will be corrected in the next version.

Jiri
trapp

fixed script.. still errors

Post by trapp »

OK.. i fixed the script error you mentioned. However.. all it does now is display the error box correctly.. I stil cannot output anything with any of the script options. Still get the "missing *.ocx" as before. I reinstalled both VBScript6.0 Pro & DirectX 8. No change. I know the file exists on my system. Any Ideas?
Trey
jiri

Post by jiri »

It seems that there are some problems with COMDLG32.OCX on some systems. I'll try to fix it to the next version.
cdx

Post by cdx »

Works fine for me.
What about script for manage the database ;)
jiri

Post by jiri »

It will work for all since now, because I removed the dependence on COMDLG32.OCX in the latest release (1.2.6). :D

You can do a number of things with scripts, they are not just for exporting. However you must investigate it a bit, because there no time for writing a documentation now. :wink: