Moved Files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Larabee

Moved Files

Post by Larabee »

I finally ran out of room on my primary HD and moved the contents of the drive to a new one. When I opened MM all of the songs are grey. I went to add/rescan files to library, and while it seems to be working MM is not turning the grey songs black. Instead, it is adding the black files while leaving the grey ones creating duplicates. Is there an easy way to delete the duplicates? I have a 160,000 songs, and I'd prefer not to do delete the grey duplicates manually. I do have MM Gold if that helps at all. Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Re: Moved Files

Post by Lowlander »

Open the Location sub-node in the Media Tree and remove the drive. Note that this will also remove the files from any Playlists and you'll loose Play History.
Larabee

Post by Larabee »

Damn. That's a bummer to loose the play history and playlists. I appreciate your help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should either use MediaMonkey to move the files (best) or relocate the files after the move (http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... e+location or File > Locate Moved/Missing Files).

You can still remove the new drive from Location and then use the Addon to locate the greyed out files on the new drive.