Saving CD art

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ajmps

Saving CD art

Post by ajmps »

Hi everyone.
Can anyone tell me how to assign a specific folder for album art? I keep all my CD art in one specific folder. Mp3 files have embedded art, and that's not a problem, but now I can't assign a cover to a CD, because the option is "save image to file folder", "file folder" being the CD drive, where I can't save the art. How do I change it? This used to be possible in older versions of MM, but I am now using version 4.1.12.1798.
Lowlander

Re: Saving CD art

Post by Lowlander »

Current version is 4.1.21: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d

You should still point it to a different folder, but it defaults to opening to the folder the files are located (as this is the recommended and more commonly way to save Artwork). Alternatively you can save Artwork outside of MediaMonkey and then associate it with the files.

Note that your database becomes vary valuable (back it up) as there is no automated way to associate Albums with Artwork not stored in the Albums Tracks folder.
ajmps

Post by ajmps »

Thanks for the reply.
This only happens when I add a new CD to my library. I then want to add the cover for that CD album, and that's what I keep in a separate folder. My problem is pointing to that specific folder, as the only options are "store in tag" and "file folder". Can't keep the art with the files, as it's a CD.

Will update to the new version, maybe that will fix it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying using File Folder doesn't allow you to specify where to save it?
ajmps

Post by ajmps »

Yes. That's exactly what I am saying. It automatically saves it to the folder where the file is. In this case it's a CD, so...