Change tag for multiple entries

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jgt1942

Change tag for multiple entries

Post by jgt1942 »

How do I change a tag for multiple entries at the same time? Example: I have 1782 entries for one artist (Glenn Miller) and have several different values for Genre (Jazz, Big Band Swing, Swing, Pop, Big Band, Blank, etc.) I'd like to change all songs (tracks) to the same value "Big Band Swing". I know I can change them individually but I would have to individually change about 1500 tracks which of course would be a HUGE effort.

I looked through the Addons but did not see anything that might help. Suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Change tag for multiple entries

Post by Lowlander »

Select the files and right click Properties. Any change you make will be saved to all selected files.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

I've been trying to change the genre in MM4 and am able to locate "properties", but I can't find the option to "select multiple entries".

I've looked in the Mediamonkey-help and don't see anything there either.

I've got albums that are identified as "classical" in MM4, I want to change the entire album in 1 step to something else.

Is it possible??

If yes, please give directions on how to do it.

Dave
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works the same as Explorer. So Ctrl+click for individual files, Shift+click to select range of files and Ctrl+A to select all files in view.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
And also works for Multiple Ranges, Shift+Click to select First range -> Ctrl+Click to select first track of next range -> CTRL+SHIFT+Click to select end of next range and so on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts