Running MediaMonkey from a shared network folder

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

KidIkarus1

Running MediaMonkey from a shared network folder

Post by KidIkarus1 »

Hi,

I want to archieve to run the portable version of MediaMonkey from a network share hosted on a Windows Server. The music files are located on the same Server.
So I added the location \\192.168.1.110\Shares\Music as location in MediaMonkey. The portable version of MediaMonkey is located on the same server under \\192.168.1.110\Shares\Software\MediaMonkey.
The strange thing now is, that if i added the music folder, everything seems fine. But after a new restarts either tracks are greyed out (of course the media file is still in the same location), or the last played dates and number of times played are missing.
As soon as i copy MM and the music library to a location drive anything works as expected.
Any idea how this can be avoided?

Thanks, KidIkarus
Lowlander

Re: Running MediaMonkey from a shared network folder

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like there is trouble accessing the network share. It may be too slow for MediaMonkey to respond.

I have a similar issue with the Now Playing file. It takes the NAS too long to respond that it's available for MediaMonkey, thus it shows greyed and misses Artwork. It does play however when started.