Need help renaming track title

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

meatsean

Need help renaming track title

Post by meatsean »

Hi:

Several of my track titles have preceding two digit numbers (see screenshot below). I am unsure how this happened as most of my track titles do not have the preceding two digits numbers. How can I auto fix this?

Lowlander

Re: Need help renaming track title

Post by Lowlander »

meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thank you. The add-on works well.

I have several tracks that do not have track# in the menu column shown below:

How can I add track#? I searched the add-on but could not find that option.

Regards,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can only get the Track# if it's available. It doesn't seem available to you as neither Filename nor Track# have this information.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Ok.

It's not my lucky day. MM is all of a sudden talking two minutes plus to open.

I disabled re-scan a startup. I have one file in 'now playing'. I uninstalled and reinstalled MM version 4.1.20.1864

My library has 5,947 files. Is my library too big for MM?

How can I solve the slow start up?

Thanks,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Could be an Addon slowing things down (4.1.21 is the latest). Your Library is pretty small compared to the big Libraries some users have.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Regexp find and replace does slow down the opening of MM a lot because it has so many presets it has to load. This didn’t used to be a problem until a recent update with windows.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

I uninstalled Regexp find and replace Addon and MM is loading much faster now.

It's unfortunate because Regexp find and replace works really well.

Thanks for your help.
meatsean

Why is MM not adding track # in its correct field?

Post by meatsean »

I'm cleaning up my library and noticed that MM is adding track # to 'Filename' and not in the 'Track #' field. See screenshot below.

Why is this happening and how can I correct it?

I tried using Regexp find and replace addon but could not find option to correct problem.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't add it to the Filename. those are the filenames of your files.

You can use File > Auto-Tag from Filename and use <Track#> <Skip> to get the Track# from filenames as shown in the screenshot to the Track# field: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... lename/4.0

Try MediaMonkey 4.1.21, I think that it may somewhat mitigate the slowness of some Addons at startup.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 am You can use File > Auto-Tag from Filename and use <Track#> <Skip> to get the Track# from filenames to the Track# field:
that worked well, thanks.

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 am Try MediaMonkey 4.1.21, I think that it may somewhat mitigate the slowness of some Addons at startup.
I installed MM 4.1.21. and Regexp find and replace Addon.

MM loads quickly to the its splash screen. Then Req Exp Replace.vsb file loads. MM freezes for 30 seconds while .vsb loads.
New MM version cuts loading time from two minutes to about 40 seconds. But .vsb file loads every time I close and open MM. Weird.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

meatsean wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:44 pm New MM version cuts loading time from two minutes to about 40 seconds. But .vsb file loads every time I close and open MM. Weird.
Yes, this is known issue after last Windows 10 update , details at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14820 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28510&start=1455#p445145

This script is slow to load with Windows Defender's real time protection. Workaround is to disable the protection or limit the number of presets of the script. Maybe also a new version of the script might be already available that fixes this.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 amThis script is slow to load
No, it is not my add-on slow to load, but it is your application which is doing that. The explanation is here:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14921

and here:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 820#c50347

You are doing something very nasty with the RegEx engine in your program which causes slow down with my add-ons.

By the way, I have implemented a workaround for both Magic Nodes and RegExp Find & Replace with solved that problem, but it is currently available only in the enhanced versions of the add-ons.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

No, it is not my add-on slow to load, but it is your application which is doing that. The explanation is here:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14921

and here:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 820#c50347

You are doing something very nasty with the RegEx engine in your program which causes slow down with my add-ons.
I don't see any explanation, RegEx is not our object, it is VBScript's object so I don't see how we could affect this by our application?

You scripts are obflucated so I cannot see what part of the scripts code is causing the slowdowns, if you have some suggestion what we could optimize in MM app so let's tell us.

By the way, I have implemented a workaround for both Magic Nodes and RegExp Find & Replace with solved that problem, but it is currently available only in the enhanced versions of the add-ons.
I don't understand why it is available only in the enhanced versions, any reason for it?

Also, can you share what you have optimized and why it was so slow just when Windows Defender's Real Time protection was active?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pmI don't see any explanation, RegEx is not our object, it is VBScript's object so I don't see how we could affect this by our application?
I didn't say it is your object, I said you are doing something wrong with it. Why your application raise Access Violation error with the test VBScript containing the regular expression that works fine in another VBScript started from the command line?
Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pmI cannot see what part of the scripts code is causing the slowdowns
The quote and explanation: " it is a problem with the MatchCollection object returned by the RegExp.Execute method which is a collection of Match objects." Should I repeat what I mentioned already, that _the same_ part of code in the script is executing latter after startup normally without any slowdown? How do you explain that?
Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pmI don't understand why it is available only in the enhanced versions, any reason for it?
Limited time and more important things to do.
Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pmAlso, can you share what you have optimized and why it was so slow just when Windows Defender's Real Time protection was active?
Look again to the quote and explanation. I just replaced the mentioned MatchCollection object with another RegEx commads. Which was not so easy and required too much time because those parts of my code are very complicated. Which is also an answer to the previous question.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2