Genre duplication appears differently on MMW and MMA

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Protonhound

Genre duplication appears differently on MMW and MMA

Post by Protonhound »

Hi All,
I just recently started using mediamonkey pro on both windows and android. This forum and the wiki have been an extremely helpful reference tool so far as I have found answers to everything until now. I am really impressed with the way the software is put together.
Here is my problem. Somehow when adding genres to multiple albums by the same artist I wound up with a strange duplication of one genre. In MMW I have 2 separate 'Heavy Metal' genres, it lists
'Heavy Metal'
'Hard Rock'
'Heavy Metal'

in alphabetical order.
I MMA in the genres tab I have
'H eavy' Metal' (note the space)
'Hard Rock'
'Heavy Metal'

About one third of artists and all their albums have the 'H eavy Metal' tag. When checking the properties of those files all looks well asides from 2 'Heavy Metal' listing in the drop down genre box and there is no space in the genre text field. Please help me out with this, thanks. :D
Lowlander

Re: Genre duplication appears differently on MMW and MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on the entries for Heavy Metal in MMW. Edit them and make them both the same value (retype). There may be a hidden character in one that is more visible in MMA than MMW. You'll need to resync afterwards.
Protonhound

Re: Genre duplication appears differently on MMW and MMA

Post by Protonhound »

THANKS!!!!
That worked!
I am rebuilding my music library from scratch properly after many many years of iTunes misery. Of course I did things along the way to screw things up even more, but at least now I know not to do dumb things like volume leveling among others.