Problem Querying Database [#14867]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Heartland

Problem Querying Database [#14867]

Post by Heartland »

I'm a newbie who has been using the program (Windows) for just a few days. It looks like a great solution, if it will work properly. If I can get everything running, I'm happy to buy the gold version to support the firm, but don't want to spend my money until I'm sure it works. I have two problems with it and hope someone can solve the first one for me here. Every time I load the program, I get an error that states:

There was a problem querying the database:
Could not retrieve data "SELECT Songs."
From Songs WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT rowid FROM SongsText WHERE SongsText MATCH ' songtitle: One,*Two,*Three,*"Said the Prospector" artist Riders in the Sky*')
"SQL logic error or missing database (1,1)

I found the song and it plays just fine. Not sure what the issue is, but would like to fix it.
Lowlander

Re: Problem Querying Database

Post by Lowlander »

That indicates that the database file can't be found. Try restarting your PC.
Heartland

Post by Heartland »

Thank you - that both helps and pinned down the problem a bit more. I did what you suggested and it worked fine. Then I plugged in my phone (my main problem is trying to get my PC to sync to my phone) and it tried to autosync. Then the same error arose again. So the problem is related to the phone (Android).

And yes, I've restarted my phone to see if that fixed it. I've been restarting it all day trying to get the sync to work with it. That doesn't help.

Earlier today in an attempt to get the sync to work, I deleted all my music from my phone and recopied it from MediaMonkey (PC) to the phone. That worked, but I have been unable to transfer my playlists at all (the entire reason I'm going through all this effort, I want to create my playlists on the PC and use them on my phone).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you browse files and play them in MediaMonkey?
Heartland

Post by Heartland »

Yes, on both the PC and the Android phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Odd. Capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Heartland

Post by Heartland »

I followed your directions and did so (#CPJ-263-46463). Thanks for the help.
Heartland

Post by Heartland »

Media Monkey never responded to my ticket - either they are swamped or stumped - but I solved the problem. I uninstalled Media Monkey from my phone and formatted the phone's SD card. I then reinstalled Media Monkey and synced it. That seems to have done the trick - for the first time my playlists transferred from the PC to the phone after it copied all the music.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thank you for update even you found solution I addressed it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14867
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts