mp3 tags and limit on free version??

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fubar

mp3 tags and limit on free version??

Post by fubar »

i like mm but after entering about 6 cd's i get nothing but .mp3 tags and file numbers.I can get all the data from the internet for the albums but then it doesn't put the song title in the names.for the first albums it was great ripping and titles but now everything has gone gunnysac..ie.. won't rip files to hd and gives only *.mp3 and says titles to long. i didn't see any limit on how many cd's it (free version) would do but...???? be easy on replies....first time I have asked for assistance in 30 years of computing. Will try to RTFM but no luck so far. Cd is in drive,first screen looks GREAT then go to rip and second screen shows red lines and says file dups and file names too long.
Lowlander

Re: mp3 tags and limit on free version??

Post by Lowlander »

That means that likely the Destination Mask is missing parts now. You should use enough detail to get unique names, like: C:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>. <Artist> - <Title>
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Titles too long is Path+Filename Character Size limit by system.

can you make screenshot of rip window and error.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
fubar

Post by fubar »

THANKS for the reply! MM looks like it is worth it to buy but am trying to get used to windows 10 as well...!!Had windows 7 down but 10...@#$%^&.Would be in linux but bought a alienware r7 and is not compatible with linux.Another first.
I got discouraged and deleted MM but with your reply, (THANKS AGAIN) I will go back to it
will dump bad screen on next message.have to reset it up again.
Fubar
fubar

Post by fubar »

Can't get copy of rip screen but will try to dup it here.....
box/checmark c:users\fubar\music\.mp3 (line is ALL red) red box ends then d:track01.mp3

duplicates and overly long filenames are highlighted.Please edit them. (this line was on top)
will rtfm some more.....THANKS
Fubar dunno wut happened,sposed ta get smarter when ya get older..;[(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Like I said, you need to change the destination Mask as it doesn't contain enough information (not even a filename).

Try something like:
C:\users\fubar\music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>. <Artist> - <Title>
fubar

Post by fubar »

Yes, i tried C:\users\fubar\music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>. <Artist> - <Title> but it went I know not where,bit bucket I think.THANKS for the replies! I'll just keep plugging away at it I think.If I could
teach myself unix command line I just have to keep trying.I'm beginning to wonder if it's not virus....between windows 10, alienware or virus.......THANKS
Fubar
btw I tried about 10-12 other progs and came back to MM.I am NOT impressed with alienware r7 bios settings or lack there of. didn't know I was buying a gaming machine
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

With that setting it went to C:\users\fubar\music\ If you past that in Explorer you should see the Artist sub-folder(s).
fubar

Post by fubar »

THANKS!!!! Worked GREAT! everything was working well and then I tried to burn a dvd+r and it puked and went toes up. Ran to town and bought dvd-R and voila!
THANKS lowlander!!! BTW, we just moved down from the moutains in Idaho so we are now flatlanders as well..miss the moutains...THANKS! Fubar