[SOLVED] Remove track from Library (V4.1.20)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

vectra

[SOLVED] Remove track from Library (V4.1.20)

Post by vectra »

On Version 4.1.19 it's possible to remove a track from the library without deleting the file (right click track and select Remove. Check remove from library only)
However, on version 4.1.20 the only option is to delete the actual file. Is there a way to just remove it from the library without deleting the file?
yarguy

Re: Remove track from Library (V4.1.20)

Post by yarguy »

I am using 4.1.20 1864 and the option to just delete from the library (the other option is to delete from library and computer) is there when I right-click on the track and select Remove. Both options also appear when I highlight the track and press the Delete key. If you are using 1864 and still don't get both options, you might try re-installing MM.
vectra wrote:On Version 4.1.19 it's possible to remove a track from the library without deleting the file (right click track and select Remove. Check remove from library only)
However, on version 4.1.20 the only option is to delete the actual file. Is there a way to just remove it from the library without deleting the file?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you should also check your settings at Tools -> Options -> General -> Confirmations
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
vectra

Post by vectra »

Thanks for the advice. Yes it's V4.1.20.1864
None of the settings in Tools > Options > General > Confirmations made any difference.
Don't really want to re-install MM as it took ages to reconfigure to my liking.
Just copied the files I don't want in the library (not that many) then deleted them in MM.
If I find a solution then I'll come back here and say what it was and mark the post as resolved.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini and see under [Confirmations] section what is the value of "ConfirmDeleteValue=?"

You can even Delete whole [Confirmations] section and see if that fixed it.

NOTE: Backup MediaMonkey.ini just in case.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
vectra

Post by vectra »

Hi Peke.
Tried this as advised. Still no difference.
(I saved the change each time and closed MM before trying it)

These are the original values.
[Confirmations]
ConfirmRemovePlaying=1
ConfirmMore64PathChars=0
ConfirmImportRatings=0
ConfirmScanResults=0
ConfirmDeviceNotEnoughSpace=1
ConfirmMoveDBFolder=1
ConfirmCopyDBFolder=1
ConfirmDeletePlaylist=1
ConfirmDeletePlaying=1
ConfirmDeleteValue=1
ConfirmDeletePlaylistValue=0
ConfirmDeleteFolderValue=1
ConfirmMoveDBFolderValue=0
ConfirmCopyDBFolderValue=0
ConfirmDeletePlayingValue=0

Thanks again.

Post by Guest »

Which node are you trying to remove the track in, as I've just did a couple of test deletions.

In the My Computer node it just asks whether you want to delete the file. (Straight forward Yes or No). (Both highlighting and 'right clicking' and selecting the track and pressing 'delete key').

BUT in the Music node (and I presume all other Library nodes) it is coming up with 'Delete from Library only' OR 'Delete from Library & Computer'. (Both highlighting and 'right clicking' and selecting the track and pressing 'delete key').
vectra

Post by vectra »

Hi "Guest".
Yes you are right. In Music node there is the option to just delete from library.

In My Computer node V4.1.19 also gave this option but V4.1.20.1864 doesn't.
It just gives a message box asking "Are you sure you want to delete 1 file" Yes / No

I only want to use My Computer node as it lists all artists and albums in tree view.
And also I prefer the setup where the artwork is in one pane with the tracks below in a separate pane.
There may be a way to replicate this in Music node but don't want to change for the sake of one minor bug in my setup.

This has been a valuable learning excercise and thanks again to everybody who has suggested solutions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

vectra wrote:I only want to use My Computer node as it lists all artists and albums in tree view.
Use Entire Library (enable under File > Manage Collections) instead and make sure all files are scanned into the Library. You can use the Location sub-node to get the same Folder based navigation as in My Computer.
vectra wrote:And also I prefer the setup where the artwork is in one pane with the tracks below in a separate pane.
That's controlled from the View menu.

You're bypassing the Library with the My Computer node (Library will be updated if file resides in Library), thus you're working on the actual file, thus delete deletes it.
vectra

Post by vectra »

Hi Lowlander.
That's EXACTLY the solution. It's now giving me the option to remove a track from library only.
I think this is how it must have been set up on the previous version but I never paid much attention to the top of the tree (Entire Library rather than My Computer)
as the view is the same downwards.
Muchas Gracias.