Last Played -- how to save the information?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

whinston

Last Played -- how to save the information?

Post by whinston »

If I close MediaMonkey, the next time I restart it, the "Last Played" field is reset to blanks. Is there any way to set that to save the information?

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Last Played -- how to save the information?

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you play files from the Library and not from outside MediaMonkey (includes My Computer and Media Servers).
whinston

Post by whinston »

Thank you, Lowlander.

Sorry to sound so naive, but I am new to MM. So, I see that I am playing from the computer, which is what you said not to do. But how do I play from the library? I don't see any kind of option like that? Also, presumably I need to move my music into the library. How do I do that?

Thanks again.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

When you open MM you should see the Media Tree in the left column. This is the library. Your music should be under Music or Classical Music, depending on what type you have. If there is nothing there (or things are missing) you haven't added to the library, which you can do by File -> Add/Rescan files to the library... and then choosing the highest level folder that contains your music. You might have to repeat add/rescan is you have music in folders that do not have a common higher folder. MM will not add duplicates if you rescan some folder(s).
whinston wrote:Thank you, Lowlander.

Sorry to sound so naive, but I am new to MM. So, I see that I am playing from the computer, which is what you said not to do. But how do I play from the library? I don't see any kind of option like that? Also, presumably I need to move my music into the library. How do I do that?

Thanks again.
whinston

Post by whinston »

Thank you. I think I've got it now.