coverart for wave files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

da joker18

coverart for wave files

Post by da joker18 »

I can´t attach any Cover Pictures to a wave audiofile permanatly. I have tryed it several times but at first MM ads the Picture to the audiofile but as soon as I close the program and reopen it all the covers are not shown anymore until I add them again this only happens with wave audiofile were as by mp3 eveything is fine can someone help?
yarguy

Re: coverart for wave files

Post by yarguy »

wav is a format whose time has passed because it does not support any standard tagging approach, so it is not surprising your wav files won't retain cover art. You can convert all your wav files to FLAC without losing any digital information (MM will do it for you and retain what tagging you do have) . FLAC files allow standard ID2 (excuse the typo, this should be ID3) tagging.

If you insist on keeping your files in wav format, I believe the cover art can be saved as folder.jpg in the same folder as the track files and it will be read by MM. It will not be part of track tag, however.
da joker18 wrote:I can´t attach any Cover Pictures to a wave audiofile permanatly. I have tryed it several times but at first MM ads the Picture to the audiofile but as soon as I close the program and reopen it all the covers are not shown anymore until I add them again this only happens with wave audiofile were as by mp3 eveything is fine can someone help?
Lowlander

Re: coverart for wave files

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't embed Artwork in WAV files: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... erties/4.0 I'm not sure if WAV supports this at all.