NOOB question on converting to disk

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

philosurfer

NOOB question on converting to disk

Post by philosurfer »

Hi. Sorry if this is documented somewhere, but I've searched the help and forum. I've got a bunch of flac files and want to convert single files to mp3 for sharing (via email) with a friend. Obviously there's the conversion when burning to disc; is this a function (that I'll probably use frequently) that I should write a script for? If so, any tips are appreciated.

Rich
philosurfer

Re: NOOB question on converting to disk

Post by philosurfer »

Tried a simple solution: I created a "temporary export" playlist and burned/converted to it. Ultimately I'll want to learn how to script - to right click on a piece and have that option available.
yarguy

Re: NOOB question on converting to disk

Post by yarguy »

Highlight the file(s) you want to convert, then Tools -> Convert Format, fill out the form and click OK. Done. (Just be sure you don't select the option to replace the original files!)

There is a semi-helpful Help page here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ng_Formats. Note that the feature is no longer called Convert Audio Format. There is also a link to Configuring Directory and Filename Formats which has some advice on creating the Destination format.
philosurfer wrote:Hi. Sorry if this is documented somewhere, but I've searched the help and forum. I've got a bunch of flac files and want to convert single files to mp3 for sharing (via email) with a friend. Obviously there's the conversion when burning to disc; is this a function (that I'll probably use frequently) that I should write a script for? If so, any tips are appreciated.

Rich