folder.jpg

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Richard127

folder.jpg

Post by Richard127 »

Very annoying problem just happened with my MM (V4.1.20.1864). I don't know if this happened due to a general hiccup in the system (WIndows 7 home premium) or MM itself or after I "Optimised Database" a few days ago. Basically, I'm in the middle of cleaning up the album art for over 80,000 tracks and all was going well. I source the new artwork, go to MM album properties for a highlighted album and delete the old artwork ready to paste in the new. This has worked fine for years. But now, suddenly, when I delete tag artwork and folder.jpg, MM starts to do it's work, deletes the tag art, seems to briefly delete the folder art, which disappears from the artwork column in the art and details view but then it pops straight back into the place-holder and doesn't delete it from the Windows folder. I then have to find the folder and delete folder.jpg manually before I can use the new artwork. Looked in this forum and other resources but can't find anyone that has had this same problem - Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Richard127

Re: folder.jpg

Post by Richard127 »

OK. This might be a MM bug. I rolled back to previous version of MM (4.1.18.1853) and the problem goes away. I noticed this... On the first attempt to delete a folder artwork from within MM it pops up a dialogue window explaining that it has deleted all links to the folder.jpg file and would I like it to remove it from the computer as well. This dialogue is missing in the latest version (4.1.20.1864). This explains what is happening. Is this a bug or is there a new setting somewhere?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure you removed it from all files on the Album and all files it was associated with?
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

Absolutely. Been doing this for years, and going back to previous version of MM, the problem goes away and it asks me if I want to delete the physical files.
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

Update: the way I usually delete album art is to click on the album picture in art & details view and then right click on the correspondingly highlighted files and click on properties. I then go to the "Artwork" tab and delete both versions of the album art 1) the artwork held in the tag 2) the physical "folder.jpg" in the Windows Explorer folder. This has always worked in the past and enables me to quickly check other album properties whilst I have the dialogue open. On older versions of MM it always asked me if I wanted to delete the physical file; the latest version doesn't: it just goes ahead and removes the artwork from MM MP3 tag and the folder.jpg artwork from MM database and leaves the physical file in place.

However... I have just found that if, instead of using this method, I right click on the main album artwork panel in the main interface and click on "Edit artwork properties" and then delete both forms of artwork, MM DOES ask me if I want to delete the physical file and does the job properly. Surely this is a bug and should be easy to reproduce.