a way to name filaneme after track other than...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

xdrixn

a way to name filaneme after track other than...

Post by xdrixn »

Auto tag from web?

On other words: I had a nas break down and while did have a backup I had to use disk drill(recovery software) which numbered my filenames. I really don't want to have to tag everything all over so I was hoping I could select every track and rename their filenames after that track name then I'll sort the rest?

thank you
Peke

Re: a way to name filaneme after track other than...

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure that tags were not already in Files and that MMW on rescan didn't imported them?

It happened to me once when I upgraded 3TB RAID1 to 6TB Raid1 and instead of disk drill I used http://www.r-studio.com/ and external enclosure. It worked flawlessly even it took 18h to complete RAID reconstruction based on both 3TB drives. I got back 100% of media back and 99.999% of settings files. Only Downside is that it delayed my upgrade for a week till I copied all the files to new 6TB drive and then after recovery I created backup on 3TB drive again so that I can install 6TB back in NAS and then finally copied media to 6TB RAID1.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Yes I'm sure but auto organize was the answer I was looking for. Its been a while so I just forgot. A deep scan is what renamed my files with disk drill, a quick scan would not have.
Peke

Post by Peke »

You are right, after import Auto-Organize is the next step to make filenames as you want.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts