"View-> Show Art" for Video Collections

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cgoyette

"View-> Show Art" for Video Collections

Post by cgoyette »

My preferred configuration for viewing my Audio collections is View -> Show Art. I get one image/thumbnail per album. :)

However, any attempt to view my Video collections this way produces an image/thumbnail for each episode of each series. :( Is this a bug? Is there a work-around or a special setting necessary? I had to settle for View -> Show Art with Details as the next best option. Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: "View-> Show Art" for Video Collections

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Series tagged (and sorted on)? Director needs to have the same value for all files in the Series.
cgoyette

Post by cgoyette »

Lowlander wrote:Do you have Series tagged (and sorted on)? Director needs to have the same value for all files in the Series.
Yes, the Series property is identical for all files. Please advise what you mean by "sorted on".
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which column are you sorting on? Also Director (Album Artist) needs to be the same for all files.
cgoyette

Post by cgoyette »

It doesn't matter which column I sort on. I tried them all but get the same results. I didn't have anything in the Director property but put something there just to test... didn't matter.

I get the same behavior for my custom collections as well as for the native Video collection. I don't get it. What am I not doing or doing wrong?
cgoyette

One More Time!

Post by cgoyette »

I like to present my music albums using "View -> Show Art". I get a series of CD cover images only. When I mouse over them, I get to see the tracks within. Selecting "Play Now" creates a playlist containing the entire album. Perfect! :)

I have many video series, too. I would like to treat them exactly as I treat my music collection. However, with "View -> Show Art", I get art (an image) for each episode in each series. This behavior breaks the paradigm used for music albums. :(

Please... Could anybody confirm this behavior?

Has anybody gotten a video series to render as a single image/object in "View -> Show Art"?

If you have, could you share with me the secret decoder ring?

Pardon my persistence.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
TV Series and other video collections are under overhaul for MM5 which will for example have more common/expected behavior eg. TV Series Name -> Seasons # -> Episodes or Air date and so on. Same goes about Series or Season Pictures
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts